Summer comes to a close in August, but the heat can still be relentless. It’s the hottest month of the year, so it’s especially important to stay hydrated.
You may think of hydration only when you’re exercising, but on hot days, it’s always important – even in the office. Here are a few reasons why, along with some simple hydration tips:
Why Hydration is Important
• Your body depends on water to survive. All of your organs need water to work correctly and remain healthy.
• Your body is constantly losing water. Going to the bathroom, sweating, and even breathing expels water from your body. For this reason, it needs to constantly be replaced.
• Dehydration can cause fatigue, headaches, dizziness, and a host of other issues.
How to Stay Hydrated
• Drink water! Okay, it’s simple, but good old H20 is the simplest and most effective way to hydrate. Keep a water bottle at your desk and sip it throughout the day.
• Drink sports drinks and coconut water when you’re exercising. When you sweat, you lose electrolytes. Sports drinks like Gatorade as well as natural coconut water both can replenish electrolytes while hydrating your body.
• Eat fruit. Lots of fruits, like bananas and watermelon, are great sources of electrolytes and fluids.
Consider a case of Crystal Geyser Water for your breakroom to keep your employees hydrated throughout the day.