Meg here, and as a company, we believe in corporate social responsibility and getting involved in our communities. This can be done in so many great ways like raffles, volunteering, or fundraisers! If you have a charity close to your heart or to the mission of your business, use these tips to make your next fundraiser as a successful as possible:
- Choose a Charity- Of course you need to select the charity of your choice before any planning can begin! If you have a committee put together, have each member bring one or two ideas to the group and vote from there. Keep in mind the charities that will be closest to your employee’s hearts and the mission of your company.
- Set a Goal- When you’ve chosen the charity that you’ll be fundraising for, set a specific goal for your company. It may also help to set incentives for different levels of fundraising. Not only will it give your employees the joy of giving to charity but it will bring a little extra excitement to fundraise to the highest level. A great incentive is a cookie or cupcake day for the office or even a lunch to celebrate the fundraiser.
- Pick an Event- How will you be fundraising? Will you participate in a charity run, a fundraising party, or a raffle? For more great inspiration you can take a look at this list and see if any events sound like the perfect option for your company: https://www.24fundraiser.com/corporate-fundraising-ideas/ .
- Spread the Word- You want your fundraiser to be as successful as possible, so each and every member of your company needs to be on board! For our fundraisers, I like to print out posters and banners for the office to keep everyone up to date on the details. Make sure you’re all stocked up on ink with HP 201A Black Original LaserJet Toner Cartridge before you begin printing. Depending on how long your fundraiser will last, it’s also a good idea to laminate the posters, to keep them looking neat throughout the whole event. I like to use the Fellowes® Venus 2 125 Laminator. It works so quickly and every single one of my posters comes out picture perfect.
- Get Started- When you begin raising money for your fundraiser be sure to keep track of each and every donation. I keep funds and fundraiser details separate and organized in my HON® 600 Series Two-Drawer Lateral File. I love the size of the cabinet and all the space I have to be extra organized. I like to keep the money raised and the details and contacts for our events totally separate and with this filing cabinet I have plenty of room for every single folder.
With these tips and ideas your company will definitely put the fun into a fundraiser! No matter what type of fundraiser you choose to do, I know you’ll see success.
Happy fundraising and until next time,