Get ready for Valentine’s Day next week with these perfect cards!
Start crafting and show us what you’ve made- we would loveto see your holiday crafts on our Facebook.
How to make it:
- Begin by cutting a piece of construction paper or card stock into four equal pieces.
- Fold quartered paper in half to make a card.
- For the easiest version, appropriate for preschoolers, use stickers to decorate or cut out hearts from a different color of construction paper or card stock to glue onto your cards. Experiment with different patterns, florals look great contrasted with stripes on a solid background.
- Younger children love glitter! Use a bottle of glue to “draw” on a heart or phrase (such as “Be Mine”). Sprinkle glue generously with pink, red or white glitter and let dry over night. Tap off excess glitter when completely dry.
- For the older set, let them use pinking sheers to cut out heart shapes and glue onto cards. Again, use contrasting patterns and colors to create a charming design.
- Once glue is dry, cards may curl up a little. Place cards between the pages of a heavy cookbook or phone book and leave over night.
Finding the perfect paper. Card stock is available in literally hundreds of different designs. The scrap-booking aisle has individual sheets or pads of various colors and patterns. Construction paper is inexpensive and children love it just as much.