How many hours do you spend in your office chair? If you work 40 hours a week, you’ll end up spending approximately 1,960 hours throughout the year. When you look at those numbers, it’s easy to see why your office chair may need an upgrade. Check out our five tips for finding the perfect office chair
1. Wheel Base: Start from the bottom up on your office chair. Think about where your chair will be as well as the flow of your space. Look for a chair that moves easily across the flooring in your office.
2. Swivel Motion: It may seem simple, but a chair with unrestricted motion allows you to access all areas of your desk freely. A swivel motion will let you turn the direction most comfortable for your work environment.
3. Adjustable: In addition to the seat, it’s also important to have adjustable armrests. When seated, your chair should be adjusted so that the middle of your computer screen is in your direct sightline with your feet resting flat on the ground. The armrests should match the height of your desk.
4. Lumbar Support: Choose a chair that has adjustable lumbar support. When sitting, the backrest should follow the shape of your spine while also supporting the curve in your back. The back of the chair should come to the middle of your shoulder blades or rise above the shoulders for the best support.
5. Breathable Fabric: Breathable fabric is a necessity for airflow and comfort. The cushion should be thick enough that you are unable to feel the base through the cushion.
While not every chair can be like your recliner at home, with these tips you can make your office space more comfortable. Check out our furniture show room to see all the brands and styles we offer.