Are you an outgoing relationship builder who works well under tight deadlines? Do you excel at coaching others—inspiring, exciting, and leading a team to be the best they can be? At Porter’s Office Products, we are driven to help businesses run their offices as efficiently and effectively as possible. If you like to serve others, have a go-getter attitude, and are willing to adapt to market changes, apply now to our sales manager position and join our dedicated team!
Our ideal Sales Manager is:
- A strong leader. You are a demonstrator who leads by example, provides helpful, constructive feedback, and can hold a team accountable. You are not afraid of confrontation and can recognize potential growth in the business and your people. You celebrate successes when they are earned.
- An outstanding communicator. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and can adjust your communication style to different audiences. You can dissect and translate complicated facts to the team so they understand. You have strong presentation skills.
- Charitable. You are kind, empathetic, and actively serve and support community outreach programs.
- A team player. You are comfortable wearing different hats and aren’t afraid to learn new systems. You enjoy multi-tasking, getting into the nitty gritty details, and jumping in to help the team where needed.
- Solutions-oriented. You are a strategic problem solver who addresses issues with “yes and,” not “no, but.” You simplify processes, seek to understand, and are skilled at managing several projects at once.
- Data-driven. You are a numbers person who uses data to adapt to changes and make proactive decisions. Tech savvy with excellent follow-through, you pay attention to the details, and take ownership of successes and failures.
- Positive. You are honest, loyal, and bring enjoyment to the workplace. You show appreciation, respect, and patience to others, always offering encouragement and demonstrating self-control. You do not get frustrated easily. You are family-oriented and like to have fun.
- Resourceful. You are a quick learner who keeps up with current trends. Organized and resilient, you have great ideas and use innovation and perseverance to get things done.
Our culture values integrity, hard work, and a level of extraordinary customer service that we call our Blue Cow Service. Rare as a blue cow, Porter’s Office Products thinks outside the box for unique, never-before-seen ways to meet our customers’ expectations. Our ideal Sales Manager is a Blue Cow believer, aggressive not passive, and is tactful and dedicated. If you are a responsible, forward-looking professional with an excellent work ethic, apply now!
SALES MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
The Sales Manager job responsibilities include 70% mentorship/customer-facing duties and 30% office/managerial work. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborates on strategic business planning
- Recruiting, hiring, onboarding, managing, and training sales staff
- Develops sales goals and metrics
- Leads sales team to meet and exceed standards
- Partners with the marketing team to develop marketing ideas and campaigns
- Identifies opportunities for reactivation while seeking new business opportunities
- Develops and attains annual sales and profit goals
- Manages profitability and operating expenses budget
- Runs reports and analyzes data
- Responsible for contract and margin management
- Ensures CRM is fully utilized by sales team through in-depth training
SALES MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years B2B sales experience
- Success in developing and implementing sales strategies and/or initiatives
- Experience with management, leadership, and/or mentorship of people and teams
- Technologically savvy – Microsoft Office proficient, familiar with CRM systems
- Sales management experience
- Small business experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Office product/furniture industry experience
- Janitorial products industry experience
- Goldmine CRM experience
*This is a full-time, in-person position operating out of the Rexburg, ID offices.
THE COMPANY – PORTER’S OFFICE PRODUCTS
Porter’s Office Products is an independent office solutions provider headquartered in Rexburg, ID. We are the fastest-growing office products dealer in the region and have built our business on providing Blue Cow Service. Porter’s Office Products is a 4th generation family-owned business, partnering with businesses since 1915.
WHY PORTER’S OFFICE PRODUCTS?
Porter’s Office Products is a fun, family-owned business that offers a non-corporate setting, day-to-day challenges, and recognition for accomplishments. The management team is caring and helpful and appreciates your hard work and dedication.
You can expect diversity in your workday and opportunities to help a small business grow, prosper, and compete with big box stores. We have a strong, customer-centric reputation and are the only independent office and furniture dealer in the market. With our dedicated sales and customer service team, we offer next day delivery and are on a first-name basis with our customers.
We offer autonomy, flexible hours, and an excellent benefits package that includes paid holidays, paid vacations, healthcare, and an IRA. You will have the opportunity to learn beyond your job duties, manage yourself, and feel relied on. We love working for the Porter family, and we know you will, too!
Ready to join a growing company where you can make a difference every day? Apply today!
Salary: Based on experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, IRA Matching Plan, PTO, Paid Holidays, Paid Volunteer Work